Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Morning After the First Night

6:09 a.m. June 26, 2012
Running sucks.  I thought that it would be a good way to start the day and it was.  That doesn’t change that it sucks.  I woke up at 5:00 a.m. right on schedule and was going to go for a run right away but it was still too dark.  Instead I had breakfast and waited half an hour.  Do not eat cheerio’s minutes before you go for any kind of run.  That’s an important lesson.
This morning when I awoke I did not feel rested at all.  I slept for nearly the entire 1 to 5 time-period with a little trouble at the start just because my body hasn’t had the need to fall asleep right away.  Nevertheless, I guess that I fell asleep with twenty minutes after 1 o’clock.  However, when I woke up I felt like I hadn’t gotten any rest at all.  This was not a problem until just now as my head is starting to feel a little funny.   It has a tinge of a headache and my head almost feels light headed.  I don’t quite feel myself this morning, (I had developed a bit of a sore throat a few days ago.  The physical senses being a little off might be a direct cause of having a small cold).
Last night it felt very odd making myself stay up until one o’clock when my body was telling me to go to sleep.  I watched the daily show, the Colbert Report and Conan.  Upon telling my girlfriend that I was in the midst of watching these, in all her subtly she texted me, “Ohhh so this sleep cycle will give you lots more time to watch tv.”  This was not my intention; to watch more TV.  I had just watched these shows to keep me up last night.  However, she raised a question that I had to mull over; “What am I going to do with all the extra time?”  I will attempt to finish as many side projects as I can.  These include unfinished paintings, short stories, books I’ve yet to read and other small undertakings.  So I guess that’s my goal; to have more time to complete more things.
It is now that I feel my stomach not agreeing with something.  Was it the cheerio’s before my morning run? Quite possibly.  It also could be messing around with me since I am messing around with my body.  I will comment later.
I guess I had not told my parents about this sleep cycle as both asked me at separate times this morning why I was up.  They showed some interest that I am starting a sleep cycle.  I am glad that I did not wake anyone up today though as the alarm went off for a couple minutes and the shower was turned on before six o’clock.
Looking back I realize that I have not disclosed my actual schedule.  It is simple and is as follows: 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. is sleeping time.  2 p.m. to 3p.m. is also sleeping time.  That’s all for now.  If I decide to include other activities in my schedule such as my morning runs or yard work I will write it down.
I have done minimal research so my hope is that the afternoon sleeping period is very flexible. I mean that some days I can start it at twelve and go to one or start it later at four or five.  If I have to rest at one o’clock everyday then this experiment becomes very restricting.
After the first night my body feels off and uncomfortable.  My eyes feel as if I have just woken up an hour and a half after I woke up.  My stomach feels funny and my head isn’t doing too well either.  Last night was a bit of a challenge to stay awake and I don’t feel rested.  I feel as if I am running off of four hours of sleep (makes sense).  As of now I am very much looking forward to my afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment